Chairman's Chatter is compiled quarterly by our Chairman John Shaw. John summarizes the latest developments in the club covering general news, exhibition reports, developments in the clubs layouts, and any other notices. To view a Chairman's Chatter simply click the relevant link, or scroll down for the latest edition.
The current year, and previous year, chairmans chatter's are available by following these links.
Previous years Chairmans Chatter are available in the archive.
A new format given our present situation. Whilst we use village halls or members houses please note the following: Please note:.
- All meetings are on Wednesdays unless noted specifically
- The times are normally 19.30 for a punctual 19.45 start but note one or two that start 15 minutes earlier.
- Halls are booked for 2 hours only so we need to be clear at the appropriate time.
- The speaker and organiser in each case are shown. They will collect the keys and deal with the hall admin.
- The venues are spread around to allow some journeys to be less for some.
- Please check with a street map or the internet exactly where these halls are unless you are familiar with them.
- We shall no doubt repeat some of the venues, once tried choosing the economical and convenient ones.
- Where we have meetings at members homes there will be no address on the web site, and these are members only, no guests
Update on Premises
There is no real update here. Negotiations are still ongoing with EBC as they seem keen to have us somewhere and they think they may have alternative premises which may be suitable.
Storage locations are changing as we now have a lock up in Harestock where Abbotstone and most club assets except for the Redbridge Wharf exhibition set will be stored.
Plan D is still jogging alongand we are looking at ways to accelerate progress.
Proposed New Layout
Our next formal discussion meeting is planned for 3rd April. At that meeting, the chosen plan will be firmed up and hopefully, a group of members will be able to take forward the chosen suggestion and plan and produce more details etc.
Before that date we shall need to gather input and “vote” for one of the plans which are labelled, A, B and C.
A feedback and votingsheet with more information and personal input from you for your chosen plan will be requested shortly. This can be emailed back to me or print it out and hand it to me at a meeting.
Page two of the questionnaire covers the “modular” suggestion. This is a separate issue but one I feel will be taken forward. Both projects could easily run side by side as one is “club” and the other “personal” but brought together from time to time at the club or a show.
Dates for your Diary.
Sunday 21st July The Winchester G0G Open Day at Otterbourne Village Hall.